- About UNISWA
The Department of History aims at developing critical and analytical minds with the ability to use the experience of the past through teaching, research and community service.
1. To promote the study of History with a view to enhancing students' understanding of historical developments in different societies.
2. To develop, in students, the capacity for independent and critical interpretation of secondary works and primary source material.
3. To provide opportunities for the reconstruction and presentation of historical processes and the conduct of historical research to enhance and contribute to existing knowledge.
4. To provide training for potential staff of the University, colleges and national archives, and for the upgrading of secondary school History teachers.
5. To develop capacity for multidisciplinary research.. ..