- About UNISWA
The Department of Theology and Religious Studies seeks to transmit and generate academic knowledge and skills related to Christian Theology and Religious Studies in General. It also seeks to promote understanding and informed appreciation of the significance of the various of humankind.
1. To equip prospective teachers to teach religious knowledge in Secondary and High Schools.
2. To disseminate professional knowledge on religious matters to Religious Education teachers, lecturers in Teacher Training Colleges, and instructors in theological institutions.
3. To promote teaching of religious education in schools by producing teaching materials such as text books and study guides for pupils.
4. To promote research in all aspects of religious beliefs, with special reference to the roles of Swazi traditional religion and Christianity in Swaziland.
5. To promote understanding, tolerance, and self-critical thinking concerning religious beliefs and practices.
6. To provide a resource base for schools, colleges, bible colleges, and other religious institutions in the country.
7. To promote the intellectual development of religious leaders through the running of workshops/seminars, conferences, and the provision of part-time programmes in theology and religious studies.