- About UNISWA
The Department of Geography, Environmental Science and Planning strives to build capacity in human resources for the nation's development in the fields of natural resources, environmental management, urban and regional planning. The mission is to build a sound foundation for geography teaching in schools and provide practical solutions in the areas of land-use, spatial planning and the management of environmental resources through effective teaching, research and consultancy.
1. To equip students with the necessary state of the art; conceptual, analytical and technical knowledge for tackling and solving problems of sustainable development.
2. To undertake research and consultancy in geography education, spatial planning and environmental management.
3. To enable students to specialize n areas of relevance to national development at the undergraduate and post-graduate levels.
4. To be a national resource centre for information and materials related to environmental management, planning and geography education.
5. To strengthen collaborative research and share experiences with relevant national and international institutions.